6.17.2010

And so it starts........

Just to introduce myself further than my "About Me".......


I am currently living in Portland, Oregon and am a nanny for a beautiful 14month old little angel girl; Elizabeth. I also work weekends as a birthday event coordinator at an amazing company out of Lake Oswego called Play Boutique. And when I'm really feeling bored with all of that I also work part-time as a cashier at Borders. :)


I have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, spent two years working as a teacher at an accredited child development center with infants and toddlers and have been generally working with and enjoying kids for the past 12 years.


I decided to start this blog (with some great persuasion from my amazing fella) because I want to inform people (parents, soon-to-be-parents, friends, etc) about the in's and out's of what childcare should be. First thing you should know is that no, I do not have any kids of my own....... but I know many useful things and the info is just here for you to take as you will.


My intent is to offer my knowledge (as a nanny) of what to look for in a nanny, how to treat your nanny and if you are looking to be one; what to expect. I also want to offer my knowledge of great places in the Portland area, child development techniques and just general discussion of the crazy experiences when hanging out with a little roo.


So hang out, read, and get to know more about me and feel free to let me know what you think and share my blog anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment