7.21.2010

Clouds, Toes and Kisses

Today has been so fun despite the fact that I have been so tired and not sleeping nearly enough lately. Elizabeth has been in such a good mood and she is really figuring out so much around her that mostly its fun to just watch her play. It was another horrendously cloudy morning here in Portland and so I really wasn't feeling the desire to walk around in the cold air and so we hung out at the house and played together. 
She's such a funny little roo now that she's learning things about the world and also learning what's right and what's wrong. Like on the couch today she thought it was hilarious to stand up and would giggle whenever I sat her back down and said, "Bum-Bum's down on the couch". But maybe she really just thought the word "bum-bum" was the funny part. ;)
She also can climb the stairs to her room all by herself now so we did that and then decided to play in there for awhile because since the weather's been good we haven't really done anything up there for awhile. It was fun listening to one of her old "Music Together" class CD's and singing all the familiar songs together. She got really tired while playing in there today and eventually just asked to be on my lap and we sat together and read stories (Goodnight Moon being one of the favorites) and she gave me lots of hugs and kisses. I love when she's sweet like that and just wants to snuggle. And I taught her how to do eskimo kisses with her nose and she loved it! 
Today was also the first time she got terribly upset when mommy had to leave for work. Usually she says bye-bye and continues playing but all morning she wanted mommy and was so upset when she had to go. I was expecting we would get to this stage eventually and luckily I am used to dealing with it. Distraction always works best and we had the tears gone in about 2 mins with that method. :)
Another really funny part of today..........Toes! Elizabeth loves her toes, my toes.... songs about toes. We have one that we sing at the "Tiny Tots" group at the library that goes:
"Everybody knows, I love my toes
Everybody knows, I love my toes
I love my eyes, my ears, my elbows and my nose
But everybody knows, I love my TOES!" 
She loves when I sing this and today we sang it a lot. And she loves to play with my toes because I always have them painted and she's fascinated by it. In her room she would take the pillow and cover my toes and then reveal them in a "Ta-Da!" fashion and just thought it was hilarious! But the funniest part was when she leaned down and gave my toes a kiss! She just cracks me up. 
It's been a good day but I am definitely thankful to be going home later and taking a very long nap (just like Elizabeth is doing now). It's a hard life having fun. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment