7.08.2010

Fun times in the fountain

Elizabeth and I decided to embrace the 80 degree heat at 9am and go down to the AMAZING fountain in NW Portland. If you live in the area and haven't been there.....GO! It's on NW 11th (you'll see it) and parking is even easy. It's a nice area, totally safe to leave your stuff in the grass and it's the best fountain for kids of all ages that I've ever been to. I wish I had taken pictures of Elizabeth but watching her was my main priority (obviously) and cameras and water don't mix well anyway. But she was so cute in her swimsuit and slathered on sunscreen and little pink shoes. Here's a picture of the fountain from the parks website though so at least you can get an idea....



She's quite the daredevil too. The water gets deeper as you go toward the middle but nothing deeper than bellybutton height. It's so great because it's treated water so you get that pool feeling afterward but know that it's clean. And it's a lot of fun whether you are an adult or child. AND, Elizabeth took ten or MORE steps while in the water....without any help! It was the most I'd ever seen her do and she looked like any other walking kid. It was awesome! Wish I had a picture of that! 

Anyways.... if you are looking for something to do as it climbs closer to 100 degrees today.... take a wander down to any of Portland's great fountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment