7.30.2010

Playing Catch Up

There's been a lot going on in the past week and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write about any of it! Last Saturday my favorite family down in Corvallis (I watched all 3 of their children and continue to visit them frequently) invited my man and I down for a visit. We were excited because at our last get together we did an 'adults only' night out and it's been awhile since I've seen the kids. They have three kids: oldest is a 5-year old boy (M), then 2-year old girl (A) and finally the newest boy(L) is one. They are the most amazing kids and I've always had a most special relationship with the entire family. 
So we drove down Saturday evening and unfortunately A. wasn't feeling well and went straight to bed and L. being young still heads to bed early as well. So it was just M with Cole and I all to himself (and Max the dog). M. is at this age where he's really becoming a boy and is less interested in playing with any girls and will choose the dude if the choice is given. So needless to say he and Cole were like peas in a pod or something. :)
They spent the remainder of the evening building lego castles while Max and I hung out and watched. It was pretty adorable seeing them interact and for once getting to sit back and enjoy someone else playing. And at the end of the night, M. wanted Cole to put him to bed. It was heartbreaking for me but adorable that he loved Cole so much. 
Elizabeth and I had a pretty fun day today as Fridays are "Tiny Tots" group at the library. It's like a giant playgroup where we sing, read, play with toys and have a great time together. Elizabeth loves to go and although she is usually shy and just hangs out with me; today she was all over the place. She loves the teacher "Jane" and was making friends left and right leaving no time to hang out and sing songs with me! I think I was the one having a harder time with the separation than she.
Here are a few pictures of her fun......

Want to play ball with me?

Making new friends


Peek-a-boo! Can you see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment